Recently, I was reading a post from Christine Gallagher over on she’sgotclients! The post, Refine: My Theme Word for 2013, got me thinking about what my own theme word should be.
I have decided that my theme word will be Prepare.
2012 was a difficult year for me:
- I was still getting used to working at the inn while trying to build my freelance business, and I did not have internet access at home.
- Also, winter starts out slow at the inn, and I was not ready for the busy season there as far as the writing business went. I accomplished almost nothing for my business during this period.
- For 2012, I earned significantly less than what I was used to earning with the freelance work.
Very disappointing, indeed.
My 2013 theme word is Prepare because:
- I need to be prepared for the busy season at the inn.
- I need to begin preparing by making my freelancing plans for 2013 now.
- I need to continue preparing by writing blog posts ahead of time (during the slow season at the inn) and scheduling them to post later (during the busy season).
- I will also write articles ahead of time for my channels (Bangor Easy Meals, Bangor Single Moms and Bangor Frugal Living) and schedule them to post later.
- I will even continue to learn more about marketing, and to put many of the new marketing tips that I learned in 2012 into practice during 2013.
- This blog, as my freelance base, will also be updated.
There are other things I can do to help me to Prepare as well, I am sure, and I will be writing about all of this here on my blog, as well as continuing to offer my regular posts.
What is your 2013 theme word? Think about it. Act on it.
Shannon L. Buck